Coffee is a staple drink that many people can’t start their day without.
Camping trips are also very popular, and if you’re like me, you love to go on them. But what about coffee?!? It’s not always easy to make coffee while camping! So here are the five best ways for how to make it happen!
To make coffee while camping, you just need a few basic items.
You can have your fresh brewed cup of joe in no time!
1) French Press: This is one of the best ways to make coffee while camping as it is easy and simply requires a pot or pan to boil water. All you have to do is pour ground coffee into the press, add boiling water and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Then slowly push down the plunger and voila! You have a tasty cup of caffeinated goodness.
2) Aeropress: The aeropress makes a very smooth yet bold tasting cup of coffee in just about 2 minutes with little clean needed afterwards. It’s lightweight and portable, and takes up very little room in your pack.
Just put some ground coffee into the aeropress, add hot water (175 degrees), and let steep for 30 seconds before pushing down the plunger to separate the grounds from the good stuff. Then place it on top of a cup with your mug underneath and watch as gravity pulls out delicious coffee!
3) Percolator: The percolator is one of my personal favorites as you can choose how strong you want your cup by simply stopping it at any time. It’s easy to clean and won’t take too much room in your pack. All you have to do is pour some fresh ground beans into it, add boiling water and enjoy! Some people like to add a little sugar or creamer to their coffee when they’re camping, and this is the easiest way to do it.
4) Chemex: The chemex also makes a smooth cup of joe with no bitterness at all! It’s super easy to clean so you won’t have any trouble there. All you have to do is pour some ground beans into the chemex, add hot water (200 degrees), and let steep for 2-3 minutes before removing the filter and serving up a delicious drink. If you use a coarser grind it might take 5 minutes instead of 3 though.
5) Cowboy Coffee: Cowboy coffee is just as the name would suggest, an extremely easy way to make coffee while camping that has been used for decades. All you have to do is add your ground coffee into a pot with boiling water, stir it up and let sit for a few minutes before serving. It’s not quite the same as brewed coffee, but some people think it has more flavor than normal brewing methods!