Cinnamon has been used for centuries in cooking and baking. Now, it’s also being used to make healthy coffee drinks taste great!
Coffee is a staple of the American diet – Americans drink about 400 million cups of coffee per day, or 1.6 billion cups each year. And while there are many different ways to enjoy that morning cup (or afternoon pick-me-up), most people stick with the same old routine: adding sugar and creamers to their hot beverage.
But did you know that cinnamon can be added as well? It’s an easy way to spice up your favorite brew without adding calories or extra sugar! Plus, it’s all-natural so you don’t have to worry about any artificial flavoring or preservatives.
Cinnamon is one of the most popular spices used in cooking and baking. It’s very fragrant, has a warm, spicy taste, and it’s also healthy for you! Cinnamon can help with blood glucose control; it’s good for your teeth; fights inflammation, and even helps relieve pain.
1. How To Use Cinnamon In Your Coffee?
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to your coffee grounds before brewing for a delicious, spicy twist! If you want an even stronger taste, try using cinnamon oil instead of ground cinnamon. Simply add 1-2 drops to your coffee grounds before brewing.
2. Get the benefits of cinnamon without adding sugar or creamers:
– Many people like to add sugar and creamers to their coffee because it helps cut the bitterness of the brew. But adding too much can cause your blood glucose levels to spike! By getting the benefits of cinnamon without adding extra sweeteners, you can enjoy your coffee again.
– Cinnamon has a slightly sweet taste, which can mask the bitterness of coffee. It can also enhance the flavors of other ingredients in your drink, so you won’t need to add as many!
– Using cinnamon instead of sugar and creamers helps reduce your calorie intake from coffee drinks by up to 72 calories per cup of coffee. Cinnamon coffee is a great way to lose weight and stay healthy!
– One of the biggest concerns about drinking coffee is the possibility of harmful chemicals from the brewed beverage seeping into your cup. But by using cinnamon, you can reduce potentially dangerous compounds in your drink without having to give up your favorite morning brew!
– Cinnamon has been shown to have antioxidant properties, which may help keep your body healthy and fight off diseases.
3. How to make a healthy coffee drink with cinnamon?
– There are many different ways to use cinnamon in your coffee, but here are two of the most popular recipes:
1) If you’re used to making iced coffees with sweeteners and creamers, try this easy recipe for cold-brewed coffee with a twist!
- 70g ground coffee (medium strength)
- 240ml water
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
Directions: Ground coffee and place in a french press, pour over the water. Steep for 8 hours or overnight. Once brewed, strain the coffee through a sieve or cheesecloth (optional). Add cinnamon and ice cubes to the coffee and enjoy!
2) If you like your coffee sweet and strong, try this recipe for a decadent iced coffee with cinnamon:
- 2 tbsp ground coffee beans (2 shots)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4-1/2 cup of 100% pure pumpkin puree (the kind that comes in the can!)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or regular whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6-10 ice cubes
Directions: Combine coffee, water, pumpkin puree, almond milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth. If it’s still too strong for your taste add more almond milk or regular whole milk to reach your desired level of sweetness and thickness. Pour into a glass with ice cubes and enjoy!
4. Other ways that you can use cinnamon in your diet?
– Use cinnamon with sugar or honey to add a kick of sweetness to your scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and more!
– Add some healthy flavor to your coffee by adding a sprinkle of cinnamon. 1 tbsp ground coffee beans, 3 tbsp boiling water
Directions: Brew instant iced coffee according to the package directions. Stir in the honey until dissolved. Add 1 tbsp ground coffee beans and stir well. Pour into a glass with ice cubes, top with the milk of your choice, and enjoy!
– Mix cinnamon into your favorite pasta sauce to enhance its flavor!
5. How to store your ground cinnamon?
– Ground cinnamon will last for about 3 months on the shelf. If you have some that are been sitting around longer, be sure to check it before using! Add a little bit of water to your cinnamon and mix it up. If the color changes, throw away the old stuff and start fresh.
– If you want to keep your ground cinnamon for as long as possible, put it in the fridge or freezer. It’s best used within a year if stored properly!
– To increase the shelf life of your cinnamon: reduce exposure to light and moisture, and store your containers tightly closed.
1) Is cinnamon good for you?
Cinnamon is a tasty spice that can help with blood glucose control, dental health, and it’s also an anti-inflammatory. In addition to providing delicious flavors and aromas, cinnamon may have beneficial effects on our health, making it a popular supplement in certain dietary regimens.
2) Is cinnamon good for lowering blood sugar?
Cinnamon contains several substances that may affect our metabolism and control blood glucose levels. According to the US National Library of Medicine, taking 1-6 grams of ground cinnamon daily helps lower fasting blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
3) What are the benefits of drinking coffee with cinnamon in the morning?
Cinnamon has been used for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Cinnamon is known for having anti-clotting properties, which means that it can slow down blood flow in certain situations like wound healing or when experiencing stress on blood vessels such as with conditions like diabetes.
There are so many ways to incorporate cinnamon in your daily routine. You can add it to iced coffee or hot coffee, mix with sugar or honey for a different flavor, you can even add some to your pasta sauce!
Cinnamon is high in anti-clotting properties, which lowers blood glucose levels and fights inflammation. Overall cinnamon has been used for thousands of years and it’s a very effective spice that can help us live healthier lifestyles.