Most people would say no honey is not a good idea for coffee. However, there’s a whole section of the blog that focuses on just that!
Apparently, adding honey actually helps mellow out the acidity in coffee and leaves you with a smooth drink. If you’re looking to try something new or think your taste buds could use some variety from time to time, give it a go – but don’t be surprised if this one doesn’t find its way into your long-term routine.
1. What are the benefits of adding honey to coffee?
– According to the scientific community, honey has a chemical composition that is similar to coffee. This means that it can actually help reduce some of the bitterness in your cup.
While you might not notice much of a difference with just one teaspoon, it will definitely shine through if you use two or three times as much for every one of your coffee cups. Honey is also a natural antioxidant, so adding it to your morning cup can help increase the shelf life of the beans and grounds you use.
– Because of the natural antibacterial properties in honey, you will also get rid of the dirty taste that builds up after using one pot or machine – so say goodbye to your old paper filter!
2. How do you add honey to coffee?
– The most important thing is to make sure you add it before anything else in your cup. That way, the honey will have a chance to really melt into the coffee and mix evenly through the drink. If you try adding it after milk or sugar, you might just end up with a clump of bee vomit at the bottom of your cup.
Don’t be scared to experiment with your honey, either! You can use nearly any variety you want. This includes classic clover honey, multi-floral blends and even dark, chunky stouts that offer a unique taste altogether. As long as you stir it up well – you should have no trouble finding the perfect blend for your cup.
3. What are the side effects of adding honey to coffee?
– While honey can help reduce some of the acidity that forms in your cup, it’s worth noting that it will also raise your semi-sweet tolerance level slightly.
This means that you should prepare for your morning caffeine fix to be an even bigger jolt than usual – which might not always be the best thing depending on your current sleep schedule.
The other risk is simply overloading on too much of a good thing. While honey can help mellow out harsh beans, it will also result in an overall sweeter drink that you might not be prepared for.
– To stay on the safe side, we’d recommend sticking to one teaspoon of honey for every cup of coffee and seeing how it goes from there. That way, you’ll know exactly what your new morning routine is like before expanding or moving forward with something different.
4. Is it worth it for me to try adding honey to my coffee ?
– If you’ve ever thought about cutting out sugar completely but are wary of the bitter taste that can take its place, adding honey to your daily cup might be worth a shot.
It’s also great if you’re looking for something to give your morning coffee some extra kick without having to resort to traditional caffeinated options like energy drinks or shots.
– The only real downside is that it can be hard to get used to the new taste! If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want to make your first cup of coffee any more complicated than it needs to be.
That’s why we recommend giving this one a try on the weekends or after a day off – so there’s less of a chance you’ll mess up your schedule because you were overzealous.
– If the bitter taste is too much for you, by all means hit it with some milk or sugar instead! Otherwise, this blend might just become your new favorite way to get moving in the morning. With that said – happy blending!
5. How to make Coffee with honey?
– To start, add one cup of coffee and two tablespoons of honey into a small saucepan. From there, just heat over medium to low heat while stirring constantly until everything is fully dissolved and ready!
– The next step is to pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy! If you want to get even fancier with it, we recommend topping off your drink with a little cinnamon for an extra kick. That way you can go to town on your morning pastry and still get out the door before the clock strikes 8!
– For those who rarely take their first cup of coffee before 10:00 AM, we also recommend giving this one a try before bedtime. The great thing about drinking coffee that’s straight honey is that it will take a lot longer for the caffeine to build up in your system – meaning you’ll fall asleep even faster!
– For more advice on how to add honey to coffee, just check out our video guide. We’re happy to answer any questions you might have and help give you some tips on how to get the most out of your new delicious morning routine!
– If you’re ready to give this blend a shot, then you can’t go wrong with our own East Coast Blend. It’s packed full of traditional roasted coffee beans that are balanced by just enough honey for an extra boost in the morning – which makes it perfect whether you’re looking to stay up past your bedtime or take it easy for once.
Why is it better to add honey to coffee?
– Honey not only gives your blend a delicious sweet taste, but is also packed with antioxidants and added vitamins that can help improve your immune system. So even if you’re drinking this before work or school, don’t worry about feeling a little under the weather the next day!
– Black coffee is often very acidic, which means it could potentially leave your teeth feeling sensitive after drinking. Unlike traditional black coffee, this blend will leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean instead of dry and chalky for hours to come!
What are the best times of day to drink it?
– Regardless of whether you want to drink it late at night or in the morning, we recommend enjoying this blend throughout the week instead of only on the weekends. That way you can get a boost and forget about feeling tired without having to worry about losing sleep!
Can I add anything else?
– For those who prefer something a little stronger, coffee with honey and a splash of whiskey makes the perfect after dinner treat. With that said, only add the whiskey if you’re planning on sticking around for awhile – because this blend can knock you flat on your back faster than you’d think!
– For those who want to stick to lighter roasts, we recommend our very own Sumatra Blend for an adventurous taste experience. It’s packed full of traditional coffee flavor with just a touch of honey to give you the energy you need to go about your day!
If you’ve been feeling tired lately, don’t wait around for it to pass. Give this blend a shot instead and see how much more energized you feel throughout the day! We couldn’t be happier about spreading our love of coffee with honey through each sip – hope you’ll give it your own try soon too!